KYOCERA introduces new Silicon Nitride Igniter for residential Gas Furnace
Kyocera has developed a long life igniter for residential heating systems which is referred to as the most robust igniter in the world 
21 March 2017
Kyoto / Neuss – Kyocera, a Japanese technology group, has developed a new silicon nitride igniter with exceptional endurance and very stable ignition performance for European residential gas furnaces. Kyocera`s SN igniter has been regarded as one of the most robust igniters in the world and heats up to more than 1000 degrees Celsius. As the new igniter can be operated at rated residential voltage, no high voltage protection is needed for either systems or modules. This allows flexible components selection and contributes to cost savings on the total system.
The new 230V SN igniter heats up to more than 1000 degrees Celsius very quickly and smoothly sparks off natural gas. Compared to conventional spark plugs, Kyocera´s igniter has a wider hot surface and enables a very stable ignition performance. In a test circuit with 40K cycles, the igniter achieved a defect rate of zero.
Furthermore, the igniter shows a very small resistance change over life time which results in yet another advantage: the igniter shows no degradation which gives customers easier control over the heating system.
Kyocera has relied on and continuously expanded its expertise in material and manufacturing technology in the field of technical ceramics since its foundation in 1959. The new silicon nitride igniter is another product that enriches Kyocera´s broad brand portfolio.
 Based on internal measurements carried out by Kyocera
For more information about Kyocera: www.kyocera.eu
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- For the thirty-third time in its history, the Inamori Foundation has conferred the Kyoto Prize to researchers who have contributed to the fields of “Advanced Technology”, “Basic Science” and “Arts and Philosophy”
- KYOCERA Begins Research in AI-based Image Recognition to Help Diagnose Skin Diseases and Cancers via Smartphone
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS CELEBRATES 25 YEARS OF ECOSYS
- KYOCERA enhances its AI-based Online Image Classifying Service “Labellio” with Higher Capacity for Big Data
- KYOCERA’s Kyoto Opal Sparkles in New Glitters by Nail Labo
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS WINS TECHNICAL PACKAGING AWARD IN JAPAN
- KYOCERA Technology Used to Create one of the World’s Smallest Crystal Units Awarded Prestigious Research Prize in Japan
- Solar Technical Service Center from KYOCERA gets DEKRA certification
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS EUROPE APPOINTS NEW GLOBAL ACCOUNTS SENIOR MANAGER
- Spice up the table with the latest salt and pepper mills from KYOCERA
- KYOCERA ARMS CUSTOMERS IN THE CYBERSECURITY FIGHT
- KYOCERA Introduces “Magic Drill DRV” for High-Speed, High-Efficiency Hole Drilling at Reduced Cost
- KYOCERA Has Acquired 100% Ownership of SENCO, a U.S.-based Manufacturer of Fastening Tools and Fasteners
- Green Curtains Combat Summer Heat
- KYOCERA Develops Industry’s First 3-Kilowatt Solid-Oxide Fuel Cell for Institutional Cogeneration