Kyocera Unimerco offers individual solutions for cutting tool production
Custom production of indexable inserts and special tool holders is available with short lead times.
18 May 2015
Kyoto/Neuss – Effective immediately, the Kyocera Unimerco Group will offer its customers a special service: Production of custom indexable inserts and tool holders, which offer precise solutions for customers’ individual requirements. Kyocera Unimerco can also individually adapt the cutting edge, giving it a special profile for the respective application, and develop tool holders that are suitable for both custom inserts and standard indexable inserts from Kyocera.
Custom solutions reduce costs
Kyocera Unimerco has already convinced a number of its customers around Europe of the benefits of such custom systems, and its custom inserts and holders for workpieces with special contours, measurements and tolerances are already being used by numerous companies.
The individually aligned products allow workpieces to be handled particularly quickly. For example, Kyocera Unimerco can develop tools that offer a specific chip removal capacity for specific applications.
“Customer-specific solutions make it possible to reduce the length of machining passes and the amount of programming required, which also leads to lower unit costs,” explains Kyocera Unimerco President Senri Nagashima with regard to the advantages for customers. “We therefore offer not just a broad range of standard inserts, but also unique indexable inserts with user-defined chip breakers, coatings and carbides.”
Kyocera has been producing specialized cutting tools since 1973. Today the Kyocera Unimerco Group offers a wide range of products for turning, drilling, milling, piercing, threading and cutting; utilizing materials such as carbides, cermet, ceramics, CBN and PCD. Kyocera uses the latest innovative technology — with a focus on materials used for particularly demanding applications such as ceramics, silicon nitride, CBN and cermet. Furthermore, the tool manufacturing process also makes use of precision technology, which means tools can be adapted to the individual needs of users from the automotive and mechanical engineering sectors.
For more information about Kyocera: www.kyocera.eu
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- KYOCERA Introduces New Z-series Clock Oscillators
- Innovative, beautiful, durable: KYOCERA presents high-quality kitchen tools demonstrating the advantages of its ceramic technology
- KYOCERA TCL Solar Completes 21.1 MW Solar Power Plant on Repurposed Land in Japan
- KYOCERA and 7 Other Companies Announce Progress of Development Plan for Max. 480-Megawatt Solar Power Project
- KYOCERA Introduces Irish Claddagh Ring Designed by Paul Costelloe, Using Hypoallergenic COBARION
- KYOCERA Receives Japan Environment Minister’s Award for Record 8th Consecutive Year
- KYOCERA Develops Some of World’s Smallest Multilayer Ceramic Capacitors for Mobile Devices
- KYOCERA WINS GOOD DESIGN AWARD FOR NEW MFPs
- KYOCERA RECIEVES “HIGHLY RECOMMENDED” RATING FROM BLI FOR THIRTEEN PRODUCTS
- KYOCERA to Expand Medical Product Development
- KYOCERA Breaks Ground on New Manufacturing Plant for Ceramic Structural Components in Kagoshima, Japan
- For the thirty-third time in its history, the Inamori Foundation has conferred the Kyoto Prize to researchers who have contributed to the fields of “Advanced Technology”, “Basic Science” and “Arts and Philosophy”
- A dream kitchen present under the Christmas tree
- KYOCERA Begins Research in AI-based Image Recognition to Help Diagnose Skin Diseases and Cancers via Smartphone
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS CELEBRATES 25 YEARS OF ECOSYS