Kyocera Unimerco offers individual solutions for cutting tool production
Custom production of indexable inserts and special tool holders is available with short lead times.
18 May 2015
Kyoto/Neuss – Effective immediately, the Kyocera Unimerco Group will offer its customers a special service: Production of custom indexable inserts and tool holders, which offer precise solutions for customers’ individual requirements. Kyocera Unimerco can also individually adapt the cutting edge, giving it a special profile for the respective application, and develop tool holders that are suitable for both custom inserts and standard indexable inserts from Kyocera.
Custom solutions reduce costs
Kyocera Unimerco has already convinced a number of its customers around Europe of the benefits of such custom systems, and its custom inserts and holders for workpieces with special contours, measurements and tolerances are already being used by numerous companies.
The individually aligned products allow workpieces to be handled particularly quickly. For example, Kyocera Unimerco can develop tools that offer a specific chip removal capacity for specific applications.
“Customer-specific solutions make it possible to reduce the length of machining passes and the amount of programming required, which also leads to lower unit costs,” explains Kyocera Unimerco President Senri Nagashima with regard to the advantages for customers. “We therefore offer not just a broad range of standard inserts, but also unique indexable inserts with user-defined chip breakers, coatings and carbides.”
Kyocera has been producing specialized cutting tools since 1973. Today the Kyocera Unimerco Group offers a wide range of products for turning, drilling, milling, piercing, threading and cutting; utilizing materials such as carbides, cermet, ceramics, CBN and PCD. Kyocera uses the latest innovative technology — with a focus on materials used for particularly demanding applications such as ceramics, silicon nitride, CBN and cermet. Furthermore, the tool manufacturing process also makes use of precision technology, which means tools can be adapted to the individual needs of users from the automotive and mechanical engineering sectors.
For more information about Kyocera: www.kyocera.eu
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- For the thirty-third time in its history, the Inamori Foundation has conferred the Kyoto Prize to researchers who have contributed to the fields of “Advanced Technology”, “Basic Science” and “Arts and Philosophy”
- KYOCERA Begins Research in AI-based Image Recognition to Help Diagnose Skin Diseases and Cancers via Smartphone
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS CELEBRATES 25 YEARS OF ECOSYS
- KYOCERA enhances its AI-based Online Image Classifying Service “Labellio” with Higher Capacity for Big Data
- KYOCERA’s Kyoto Opal Sparkles in New Glitters by Nail Labo
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS WINS TECHNICAL PACKAGING AWARD IN JAPAN
- KYOCERA Technology Used to Create one of the World’s Smallest Crystal Units Awarded Prestigious Research Prize in Japan
- Solar Technical Service Center from KYOCERA gets DEKRA certification
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS EUROPE APPOINTS NEW GLOBAL ACCOUNTS SENIOR MANAGER
- Spice up the table with the latest salt and pepper mills from KYOCERA
- KYOCERA ARMS CUSTOMERS IN THE CYBERSECURITY FIGHT
- KYOCERA Introduces “Magic Drill DRV” for High-Speed, High-Efficiency Hole Drilling at Reduced Cost
- KYOCERA Has Acquired 100% Ownership of SENCO, a U.S.-based Manufacturer of Fastening Tools and Fasteners
- Green Curtains Combat Summer Heat
- KYOCERA Develops Industry’s First 3-Kilowatt Solid-Oxide Fuel Cell for Institutional Cogeneration