KYOCERA exhibits its latest innovations in the cutting tools sector at EMO Milan 2015
29 September 2015
Kyoto/Neuss – The Japanese ceramics specialist Kyocera will presents its new solutions for the Cutting Tools sector at the upcoming EMO trade fair: Si3N4 ceramic insert grades for cast iron milling, KS6030 - SiAION ceramics for finishing to medium cutting of heat resistant alloy and the special made MAGIC DRILL DRX drills made in Europe. 4TFK and 4TFR - high efficiency end mills for difficult-to-cut materials.
Italy will host the 2015 edition of EMO, the world leading machine tool exhibition that runs every two years in Hannover and Milan alternatively. The exhibition will take place from the 5th to the 10th of October at the prestigious exhibition centre of fieramilano. Kyocera’s booth can be found in Hall 10, booth A18/B09.
New Si3N4 ceramic insert grades for cast iron milling
Ceramic grades for high speed and high efficiency machining KS6050/CS7050 are added to MFK indexable milling cutter for cast iron, a milling system that allows machinists to reduce costs and improve their milling operations. KS6050 is the first choice for cast iron showing high fracture resistance at interrupted cut.
CS7050 is recommended first for ductile cast iron. Its wear resistance improve-ment due to high coating adhesion is perfect for high speed cutting.
KS6030 - New SiAION ceramics for finishing to medium cutting of heat resistant alloy
This new ceramics for turning application shows superior wear and fracture resistance and is highly resistant to burrs and chipping. It is also applicable to milling operation. It complements the KS6040 which is also a SiAlON ceramic grade for roughing (heat resistant alloy). It provides also excellent wear and fracture resistance and performs good in low speed (100-300m/min) condition.
MAGIC DRILL DRX drills: Custom made tools from Europe
The Kyocera Unimerco Group offers its customers a special service since May 2015: Production of custom indexable inserts and tool holders, which offer precise solutions for customers’ individual requirements. From this EMO on, Kyocera offers its MAGIC DRILL DRX drills in special dimension and as step drills (using ISO inserts at the step).
Available diameter from ø13.5 mm and higher. You can choose if you need Integrated cone – e.g. HSK & Capto, what insert type and internal coolant when needed.
4TFK/4TFR - High efficiency end mill for difficult-to-cut materials
Kyoceras new 4TFK/4TFR end mill series provides the best solution for Titanium machining. The 4TFK/4FTR are high efficiency end mill for difficult-to-cut materials, providing excellent chip evacuation at high feed by wide chip pocket and large rake angle. Stable and long tool life are possible thanks to Kyoceras original PVD coating technology MEGACOAT NANO.
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- For the thirty-third time in its history, the Inamori Foundation has conferred the Kyoto Prize to researchers who have contributed to the fields of “Advanced Technology”, “Basic Science” and “Arts and Philosophy”
- KYOCERA Begins Research in AI-based Image Recognition to Help Diagnose Skin Diseases and Cancers via Smartphone
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS CELEBRATES 25 YEARS OF ECOSYS
- KYOCERA enhances its AI-based Online Image Classifying Service “Labellio” with Higher Capacity for Big Data
- KYOCERA’s Kyoto Opal Sparkles in New Glitters by Nail Labo
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS WINS TECHNICAL PACKAGING AWARD IN JAPAN
- KYOCERA Technology Used to Create one of the World’s Smallest Crystal Units Awarded Prestigious Research Prize in Japan
- Solar Technical Service Center from KYOCERA gets DEKRA certification
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS EUROPE APPOINTS NEW GLOBAL ACCOUNTS SENIOR MANAGER
- Spice up the table with the latest salt and pepper mills from KYOCERA
- KYOCERA ARMS CUSTOMERS IN THE CYBERSECURITY FIGHT
- KYOCERA Introduces “Magic Drill DRV” for High-Speed, High-Efficiency Hole Drilling at Reduced Cost
- KYOCERA Has Acquired 100% Ownership of SENCO, a U.S.-based Manufacturer of Fastening Tools and Fasteners
- Green Curtains Combat Summer Heat
- KYOCERA Develops Industry’s First 3-Kilowatt Solid-Oxide Fuel Cell for Institutional Cogeneration