KYOCERA presents innovative Magic Drill DRA: Modular drill with low cutting force for excellent drilling accuracy
Reduced deflection thanks to optimised drill bit, high smoothness during deep drilling, good chip control and easy drill bit replacement yield highly efficient and extremely precise results.
20 April 2016
Kyoto/Neuss – The advanced ceramics specialist Kyocera is launching the new Magic Drill DRA, a highly efficient drill with an easily replaceable drill bit, which achieves superb drilling accuracy at a low cutting force. The optimisation of the drill bit and chip flute as well as a special coating ensure high stability and long tool life.
Magic Drill DRA’s development background
Presently, there are a diverse range of materials to be processed which are also becoming lighter and lighter. Therefore, a drill needs to be capable of being used for different materials while maintaining high drilling precision.
Drilling accuracy is a function of the holder’s stability and the degree of deflection during drilling. A larger drill bit reduces deflection and thus increases stability and drilling accuracy. However, clamping or jamming of chips may occur due to the smaller chip flute, particularly when drilling deep holes. With its Magic Drill DRA, Kyocera optimally resolves this conflict between greater stability and smaller chip flute.
The Magic Drill DRA is a highly efficient modular drill that combines superb drilling accuracy with excellent chip control. The drill bit ensures high stability. It is 20% larger than that of competitors, and its helix angle and flute design have been optimised — which prevents deflection. The excellent drilling accuracy is achieved by reducing the cutting force by means of a special S-shaped chisel edge that minimises thrust and vibration during drilling.
Consistent chip removal is made possible thanks to an optimised chip section and support groove with a wider fillet (5D, 8D). When signs of wear and tear appear, it is easy to replace the drill bit in no time at all. The screw that holds the drill bit to the holder merely has to be loosened, not completely unscrewed, and then tightened again after the replacement. Moreover, Kyocera’s MEGACOAT NANO PR1535 coating ensures long service life of the drill bit and stable processing of different materials.
For more information about Kyocera: www.kyocera.eu
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- For the thirty-third time in its history, the Inamori Foundation has conferred the Kyoto Prize to researchers who have contributed to the fields of “Advanced Technology”, “Basic Science” and “Arts and Philosophy”
- KYOCERA Begins Research in AI-based Image Recognition to Help Diagnose Skin Diseases and Cancers via Smartphone
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS CELEBRATES 25 YEARS OF ECOSYS
- KYOCERA enhances its AI-based Online Image Classifying Service “Labellio” with Higher Capacity for Big Data
- KYOCERA’s Kyoto Opal Sparkles in New Glitters by Nail Labo
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS WINS TECHNICAL PACKAGING AWARD IN JAPAN
- KYOCERA Technology Used to Create one of the World’s Smallest Crystal Units Awarded Prestigious Research Prize in Japan
- Solar Technical Service Center from KYOCERA gets DEKRA certification
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS EUROPE APPOINTS NEW GLOBAL ACCOUNTS SENIOR MANAGER
- Spice up the table with the latest salt and pepper mills from KYOCERA
- KYOCERA ARMS CUSTOMERS IN THE CYBERSECURITY FIGHT
- KYOCERA Introduces “Magic Drill DRV” for High-Speed, High-Efficiency Hole Drilling at Reduced Cost
- KYOCERA Has Acquired 100% Ownership of SENCO, a U.S.-based Manufacturer of Fastening Tools and Fasteners
- Green Curtains Combat Summer Heat
- KYOCERA Develops Industry’s First 3-Kilowatt Solid-Oxide Fuel Cell for Institutional Cogeneration