Robust, thin and light – Kyocera presents a modern 5.7-inch module for industrial applications
The new 5.7-inch VGA display from Kyocera has a thickness of just 6 mm and only weighs 100 grams
26 September 2016
Kyoto / Neuss – Kyocera, a Japanese technology group and leading manufacturer in the field of electronic devices, is extending its portfolio with a new 5.7-inch VGA TFT module (4:3) that is particularly suitable for use in portable devices.
Devices for industrial applications are following the trend of consumer electronics: becoming smaller, thinner and lighter. However, it is crucial that these devices have high quality and the resilience for everyday use in rough environments.
Kyocera’s new, extra-thin and extra-light LCD module is specifically designed for portable devices that are used in demanding industrial environments such as testing and measurement equipment, auto repair shops, medical diagnostics and marine applications.
The slim and light TCG057VGLAAANN-GN20 module has a resolution of 640 x 480 pixels and a narrow frame. Its outer dimensions are 127.2 mm x 100.4 mm x 6 mm with a display area of 115.2 mm x 86.4 mm. The device offers a brightness of 450 cd/m² with a contrast of 500:1 and a viewing angle of 160° both horizontally and vertically. In addition, it has an LVDS interface, an operating temperature range from -20°C to 70°C. The built-in LED driver circuit incorporates a PWM dimming control, which achieves a wide LED backlight dimming range of 0.1% to 100%.
This is particularly useful in meeting equipment design requirements where a highly dimmable display is needed. Having the LED driver circuit built in also helps to simplify the design process and reduce external component requirements. Kyocera’s built-in LED driver ensures a more cost-effective solution.
“A robust industrial design can now also be small and light,” says Eberhard Schill, Sales Manager Distribution Sales and Marketing, Kyocera Display Europe GmbH. “This development further contributes to making the workplace more ergonomic.”
Kyocera has 40 years of experience in innovative LCD technologies and is a preferred supplier of industrial, automotive and medical displays. The company is actively engaged in the development of environmentally friendly products and continually strives to reduce its use of environmentally hazardous substances in manufacturing. Naturally, the company complies with the EU directive on the application of hazardous substances (RoHS Directive – Restriction of Hazardous Substances).
For more information about Kyocera: www.kyocera.eu
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- KYOCERA Files Suit Against Preh GmbH for Potential Infringement of Haptic Feedback Technology Patent
- KYOCERA to Build New Plant in Kagoshima, Japan, for Ceramic Microelectronic Packages
- KYOCERA’s New Air-Cooled UV Curing Light is World’s Smallest, Lightest and Most Powerful
- KYOCERA TCL Solar begins operation of Japan’s largest 13.7MW Floating Solar Power Plant
- KYOCERA Introduces New Z-series Clock Oscillators
- Innovative, beautiful, durable: KYOCERA presents high-quality kitchen tools demonstrating the advantages of its ceramic technology
- KYOCERA TCL Solar Completes 21.1 MW Solar Power Plant on Repurposed Land in Japan
- KYOCERA and 7 Other Companies Announce Progress of Development Plan for Max. 480-Megawatt Solar Power Project
- KYOCERA Introduces Irish Claddagh Ring Designed by Paul Costelloe, Using Hypoallergenic COBARION
- KYOCERA Receives Japan Environment Minister’s Award for Record 8th Consecutive Year
- KYOCERA Develops Some of World’s Smallest Multilayer Ceramic Capacitors for Mobile Devices
- KYOCERA WINS GOOD DESIGN AWARD FOR NEW MFPs
- KYOCERA RECEIVES “HIGHLY RECOMMENDED” RATING FROM BLI FOR THIRTEEN PRODUCTS
- KYOCERA to Expand Medical Product Development
- KYOCERA Breaks Ground on New Manufacturing Plant for Ceramic Structural Components in Kagoshima, Japan