KYOCERA introduces TFT-LCDs with Projected Capacitive Touchscreens for Industrial Applications
Kyocera’s new LCDs TCG070WV, TCG104XG and TCG121XG feature super high brightness, wide viewing angle and PCAP touchscreens.
02 February 2016
Kyoto / Neuss – The Japanese technology Corporation Kyocera, a leading manufacturer in the field of electronic devices, announced three new TFT-LCDs with Projected Capacitive Touchscreens (PCAP) that offer an ideal user interface for a wide variety of industrial applications such as medical equipment, factory automation, test and measurement, and marine application.
PCAP touchscreen technology, the key touch innovation in smartphone and tablet applications, is valuable because of its high sensitivity, high reliability, and ability to support multiple touches. PCAP touchscreens require only gentle contact to activate; there is no need to press hard as with resistive touchscreens. Popularized by consumer devices, the technology is now migrating to industrial applications, especially direction Industry 4.0.
Kyocera will initially offer the PCAP touch solution on its most popular display sizes, including: 7.0-inch, 10.4-inch and 12.1-inch. The touchscreen surface features anti-glare and anti-fingerprint treatments for better performance, and offers the option of either I2C or USB touch interface. All three products incorporate Advanced Wide View (AWV) technology and achieve 170-degree viewing angles from both vertical and horizontal directions. With this, also the portrait mode is no problem.
It’s easy to incorporate Kyocera’s new PCAP LCD displays into compact equipment designs, because no additional components are required to drive the backlights: Kyocera’s constant current, high-efficiency LED driver circuit is integrated into the LCD module, providing the backlighting with a long LED lifetime of 70,000 hours. All three of the new products feature standard LVDS interface, and a wide operating temperature range of -30° to 80° C.
Customers are accustomed to the convenient interaction of PCAP touchscreens on smartphones and tablets in their daily lives; they expect a similar touchscreen technology experience in other equipment.
“We see this trend coming, and are pleased to offer a solution to streamline the development process for industrial applications,” said Eberhard Schill Sales Manager Distribution & Marketing at Kyocera Display Europe GmbH. “Our new PCAP touchscreens eliminate the need for manufacturers to find both, a touchscreen supplier and integrator to integrate the screen with the display – Kyocera offers a total solution.”
The 7.0-inch TFT-LCD with PCAP (TCG070WV) features 800 x 480 resolution, 800cd/m2 brightness for outdoor sunlight readability, and a 750:1 contrast ratio.
The 10.4-inch TFT-LCD with PCAP (TCG104XG) features 1024 x 768 resolution, 1040cd/m2 brightness for outdoor sunlight readability and 700:1 contrast ratio.
The 12.1-inch TFT-LCD with PCAP (TCG121XG) features 1024 x 768 resolution, with a brightness of 960cd/m2 and contrast ratio of 750:1.
Kyocera brings almost 40 years of experience in LCD technology innovation, helping to make the company a preferred supplier of displays for industrial applications as well as automotive and medical equipment. The Kyocera Group is actively engaged in the development of environmentally friendly products and continually strives to reduce the use of environmentally degrading materials and processes in its manufacturing. The company complies with the EU's RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) directive.
For more information about Kyocera: www.kyocera.eu
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- KYOCERA Files Suit Against Preh GmbH for Potential Infringement of Haptic Feedback Technology Patent
- KYOCERA to Build New Plant in Kagoshima, Japan, for Ceramic Microelectronic Packages
- KYOCERA’s New Air-Cooled UV Curing Light is World’s Smallest, Lightest and Most Powerful
- KYOCERA TCL Solar begins operation of Japan’s largest 13.7MW Floating Solar Power Plant
- KYOCERA Introduces New Z-series Clock Oscillators
- Innovative, beautiful, durable: KYOCERA presents high-quality kitchen tools demonstrating the advantages of its ceramic technology
- KYOCERA TCL Solar Completes 21.1 MW Solar Power Plant on Repurposed Land in Japan
- KYOCERA and 7 Other Companies Announce Progress of Development Plan for Max. 480-Megawatt Solar Power Project
- KYOCERA Introduces Irish Claddagh Ring Designed by Paul Costelloe, Using Hypoallergenic COBARION
- KYOCERA Receives Japan Environment Minister’s Award for Record 8th Consecutive Year
- KYOCERA Develops Some of World’s Smallest Multilayer Ceramic Capacitors for Mobile Devices
- KYOCERA WINS GOOD DESIGN AWARD FOR NEW MFPs
- KYOCERA RECEIVES “HIGHLY RECOMMENDED” RATING FROM BLI FOR THIRTEEN PRODUCTS
- KYOCERA to Expand Medical Product Development
- KYOCERA Breaks Ground on New Manufacturing Plant for Ceramic Structural Components in Kagoshima, Japan