KYOCERA introduces Wide-Screen, Super High Brightness TFT-LCD for Industrial Applications
New 12.1” WXGA with 1500nits brightness ideal for easy readability in outdoor sunlit applications
21 March 2016
Kyoto / Neuss – The Japanese technology Corporation Kyocera, a leading manufacturer in the field of electronic devices, announced a new wide-format (16:10) TFT-LCD display for bright environments, indoors or outdoors. Wide-format TFT-LCDs provide a sleek, modern design aesthetic that allows more information to be displayed on a single screen. The increased resolution and wide aspect ratio deliver greater detail and sharper imaging, making them ideal for all industrial display needs — including medical, agriculture, test and measurement, and marine applications.
Kyocera’s new 12.1” WXGA (TCG121WX) TFT-LCD display features 1280 x 800 resolution. Designed with the newest high-efficiency power LED backlight, the display achieves a super high brightness of 1500nits, which makes it easily readable even in bright, sunny environments. Powered with Kyocera’s Advanced Wide View (AWV) technology, the display provides a wide, 85-degree viewing angle in all directions (left, right, top and bottom) and eliminates color inversion.
It is easy to incorporate this new display into compact equipment designs because no additional components are required to drive the backlights: Kyocera’s LED driver circuit is integrated into the display module. The new TFT-LCD is designed with a standard LVDS interface and offers a wide operating temperature range of -30° to 80° C.
“Outdoor applications must be readable even under sunlight conditions. The new designed Kyocera high efficiency backlight fits perfect for extreme light conditions,” said Eberhard Schill Sales Manager Distribution & Marketing at Kyocera Display Europe GmbH.
Kyocera brings almost 40 years of experience in LCD technology innovation, helping to make the company a preferred supplier of displays for industrial applications as well as automotive and medical equipment.
The Kyocera Group is actively engaged in the development of environmentally friendly products and continually strives to reduce the use of environmentally degrading materials and processes in its manufacturing. The company complies with the EU's RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) directive.
For more information about Kyocera: www.kyocera.eu
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- For the thirty-third time in its history, the Inamori Foundation has conferred the Kyoto Prize to researchers who have contributed to the fields of “Advanced Technology”, “Basic Science” and “Arts and Philosophy”
- KYOCERA Begins Research in AI-based Image Recognition to Help Diagnose Skin Diseases and Cancers via Smartphone
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS CELEBRATES 25 YEARS OF ECOSYS
- KYOCERA enhances its AI-based Online Image Classifying Service “Labellio” with Higher Capacity for Big Data
- KYOCERA’s Kyoto Opal Sparkles in New Glitters by Nail Labo
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS WINS TECHNICAL PACKAGING AWARD IN JAPAN
- KYOCERA Technology Used to Create one of the World’s Smallest Crystal Units Awarded Prestigious Research Prize in Japan
- Solar Technical Service Center from KYOCERA gets DEKRA certification
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS EUROPE APPOINTS NEW GLOBAL ACCOUNTS SENIOR MANAGER
- Spice up the table with the latest salt and pepper mills from KYOCERA
- KYOCERA ARMS CUSTOMERS IN THE CYBERSECURITY FIGHT
- KYOCERA Introduces “Magic Drill DRV” for High-Speed, High-Efficiency Hole Drilling at Reduced Cost
- KYOCERA Has Acquired 100% Ownership of SENCO, a U.S.-based Manufacturer of Fastening Tools and Fasteners
- Green Curtains Combat Summer Heat
- KYOCERA Develops Industry’s First 3-Kilowatt Solid-Oxide Fuel Cell for Institutional Cogeneration