KYOCERA Introduces New “rafre” Washable Smartphone
Users can keep their handsets clean by washing with foaming hand or body soap (This product is only available to the Japanese market.)
08 February 2017
Kyoto/Neuss − Kyocera Corporation today announced the release of the new rafre smartphone for Japanese service provider KDDI Corporation. The product is a successor to the original DIGNO rafre, which launched in December 2015 as the world’s first hand-soap-washable smartphone. In addition to resistance against foaming hand soap, the second-generation model possesses resistance to foaming body soap. The product will be available from March 2017 in Japan, and will be offered in three colors: Pale Pink, Clear White and Light Blue.
Like its predecessor, the new rafre features resistance to hot water and a touchscreen that can be used even when the user’s hands are wet or when wearing gloves. Furthermore, the new handset is equipped with a special cooking app which allows users to scroll through recipes, set timers and answer calls through hand gestures without having to touch the display. This allows use of the smartphone while users’ hands are coated with cooking ingredients.
See the videohere
|Color||Pale Pink, Clear White and Light Blue|
|Sales Company||KDDI Corporation, Okinawa Cellular Telephone Company (Japan only)|
1. Washable with foaming soap / touchscreen operation even when wet
The new rafre can be easily washed when it becomes dirty and possesses resistance to hot water, thus allowing use in the kitchen or while relaxing in the bathtub.
Furthermore, because the touchscreen display can be operated even when the screen or the user’s hands are wet, the smartphone can be used in settings involving water or on rainy days.
2. Features cooking app that can be operated with hand gestures
With the app, users can carry out various operations through hand gestures without having to touch the display. Simple hand movements allow users to scroll through recipes, set timers and even answer calls without having to touch the device.
3. Equipped with 13-megapixel camera and high-capacity battery
Kyocera’s proprietary image-processing AINOS Engine® enables users to take clear photos in low-light conditions. The camera is also equipped with Phase Detection AF for quick focusing, and Auto HDR which enables automated clear shooting by recreating light and shade in detail.
With a high-capacity, long-life battery, users get peace of mind when away from chargers for a long period of time.
4. Convenient, easy-to-use functions
Smart Sonic Receiver®: Kyocera’s proprietary Smart Sonic Receiver technology uses vibrations to transmit sound to the eardrum via the phone’s display. Users do not need to worry about correctly positioning the device’s speaker hole against the ear, and can also hear sounds (or voices) better even in noisy environments by fully covering the ear with the phone’s display.
Blue Light Cut: The handset features a Blue Light Cut app for ease on the eyes and reduction of eye fatigue during prolonged usage.
 Foaming soap is created by special soap dispensers that transform liquid soap into foam.
For more information on Kyocera:www.kyocera.eu
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- KYOCERA Files Suit Against Preh GmbH for Potential Infringement of Haptic Feedback Technology Patent
- KYOCERA to Build New Plant in Kagoshima, Japan, for Ceramic Microelectronic Packages
- KYOCERA’s New Air-Cooled UV Curing Light is World’s Smallest, Lightest and Most Powerful
- KYOCERA TCL Solar begins operation of Japan’s largest 13.7MW Floating Solar Power Plant
- KYOCERA Introduces New Z-series Clock Oscillators
- Innovative, beautiful, durable: KYOCERA presents high-quality kitchen tools demonstrating the advantages of its ceramic technology
- KYOCERA TCL Solar Completes 21.1 MW Solar Power Plant on Repurposed Land in Japan
- KYOCERA and 7 Other Companies Announce Progress of Development Plan for Max. 480-Megawatt Solar Power Project
- KYOCERA Introduces Irish Claddagh Ring Designed by Paul Costelloe, Using Hypoallergenic COBARION
- KYOCERA Receives Japan Environment Minister’s Award for Record 8th Consecutive Year
- KYOCERA Develops Some of World’s Smallest Multilayer Ceramic Capacitors for Mobile Devices
- KYOCERA WINS GOOD DESIGN AWARD FOR NEW MFPs
- KYOCERA RECEIVES “HIGHLY RECOMMENDED” RATING FROM BLI FOR THIRTEEN PRODUCTS
- KYOCERA to Expand Medical Product Development
- KYOCERA Breaks Ground on New Manufacturing Plant for Ceramic Structural Components in Kagoshima, Japan