New KYOCERA 7129 Series Board to Board Connector Helps Reduce Charging Times for Mobile Devices
Space-saving connector handles current up to 10A for smartphones, tablets, & wearables.
25 January 2017
Kyoto/Neuss – Kyocera Connector Products Corporation announced that it has developed a board to board battery connector for use with portable electronic devices such as smartphones, tablets and wearables. The new 7129 Series connector goes on sale January 30.
The ever-expanding functionality of today’s mobile devices is creating demand for faster charging times and increased battery capacity. This requires strong, durable connectors with higher current capability. However, with board space at a greater premium than ever, connectors must meet these higher strength and current requirements within an even smaller, thinner form factor.
Kyocera’s new 7129 Series board to board connector is rated for currents up to 10A to help reduce charging times for mobile devices. Additionally, despite its space-saving size — just 0.7mm stacking height, 2.2mm width and 5.64mm length — this robust connector is designed for high retention, with a metal guide component to prevent mating misalignment damage to insulators and contacts.
This connector continues Kyocera’s tradition of helping customers meet the latest demands of the electronic device market.
1. 10A Current Rating
Capable of conducting up to 10 amperes of current — one of the highest for smartphones* — to help reduce charging times. (Please refer to the catalog for pattern layout on PCBs .)
* Based on research by Kyocera Connector Products as of January 2017.
2. High Retention and Mating Misalignment Protection
A metal cover enhances retention strength, which may otherwise be compromised in space-saving connectors with low profile heights. The structure of the metal cover also helps guide connectors over a smooth surface for easy mating, and prevents damage from contact misalignment.
3. Space Savings
Compact form factor features a 0.7mm stacking height, 2.2mm width and 5.64mm length.
4. Packaged in Tape and Reel (15,000 pieces/reel)
5. RoHS compliant and Halogen-Free
|No. of Pins*||Signal: 2 pos.|
Power: 4 pos.
|Rated Current (Signal)|
Rated Current (Power)
|DC 0.4A/Contact |
|Width||2.2mm||Rated Voltage||DC 30V/Contact|
|Length||5.64mm||D.W. Voltage||AC 250Vrms/min.|
|Stacking height||0.7mm||Contact material||Copper alloy|
|Operating temperature range||-40 to +85℃||Insulator material||Heat-resistant plastic|
* For products with higher pin counts, please contact a sales representative at Kyocera Connector Products.
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- For the thirty-third time in its history, the Inamori Foundation has conferred the Kyoto Prize to researchers who have contributed to the fields of “Advanced Technology”, “Basic Science” and “Arts and Philosophy”
- KYOCERA Begins Research in AI-based Image Recognition to Help Diagnose Skin Diseases and Cancers via Smartphone
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS CELEBRATES 25 YEARS OF ECOSYS
- KYOCERA enhances its AI-based Online Image Classifying Service “Labellio” with Higher Capacity for Big Data
- KYOCERA’s Kyoto Opal Sparkles in New Glitters by Nail Labo
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS WINS TECHNICAL PACKAGING AWARD IN JAPAN
- KYOCERA Technology Used to Create one of the World’s Smallest Crystal Units Awarded Prestigious Research Prize in Japan
- Solar Technical Service Center from KYOCERA gets DEKRA certification
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS EUROPE APPOINTS NEW GLOBAL ACCOUNTS SENIOR MANAGER
- Spice up the table with the latest salt and pepper mills from KYOCERA
- KYOCERA ARMS CUSTOMERS IN THE CYBERSECURITY FIGHT
- KYOCERA Introduces “Magic Drill DRV” for High-Speed, High-Efficiency Hole Drilling at Reduced Cost
- KYOCERA Has Acquired 100% Ownership of SENCO, a U.S.-based Manufacturer of Fastening Tools and Fasteners
- Green Curtains Combat Summer Heat
- KYOCERA Develops Industry’s First 3-Kilowatt Solid-Oxide Fuel Cell for Institutional Cogeneration