Grind your own ceramic knives – with the diamond knife sharpener from Kyocera
Kyocera at Ambiente 2010 (Hall 3, Stand A40)
21 January 2010
Kyoto / Neuss, 21 January 2010 – The Japanese technology corporation Kyocera, one of the pioneers of ceramic knife blades and with sales of more than 5 million ceramic knives since 1984, is extending its product portfolio of kitchen utensils to include a diamond-coated grinder. It allows even the extremely hard ceramic blades of the Kyocera knives to be conveniently ground by hand. Kyocera is premiering the diamond knife sharpener in Germany at Ambiente in Frankfurt (12 to 16 February 2010) in Hall 3, Stand A40.
The sharpener starts up at the press of a button, and the grinding wheel continues rotating until you remove your finger from the button. A few forwards and backwards movements through the slit provided are all it takes to resharpen the blade. The grinding angle is preset and ensures optimum results. Thanks to the ergonomic design, the application is very easy to use. The grinding wheel can be replaced when necessary.
Kyocera’s diamond knife sharpener will be available in Germany as from April. The sharpener is suitable for Kyocera ceramic knives and Japanese steel knives. The recommended retail price is 85,00 Euros.
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- For the thirty-third time in its history, the Inamori Foundation has conferred the Kyoto Prize to researchers who have contributed to the fields of “Advanced Technology”, “Basic Science” and “Arts and Philosophy”
- KYOCERA Begins Research in AI-based Image Recognition to Help Diagnose Skin Diseases and Cancers via Smartphone
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS CELEBRATES 25 YEARS OF ECOSYS
- KYOCERA enhances its AI-based Online Image Classifying Service “Labellio” with Higher Capacity for Big Data
- KYOCERA’s Kyoto Opal Sparkles in New Glitters by Nail Labo
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS WINS TECHNICAL PACKAGING AWARD IN JAPAN
- KYOCERA Technology Used to Create one of the World’s Smallest Crystal Units Awarded Prestigious Research Prize in Japan
- Solar Technical Service Center from KYOCERA gets DEKRA certification
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS EUROPE APPOINTS NEW GLOBAL ACCOUNTS SENIOR MANAGER
- Spice up the table with the latest salt and pepper mills from KYOCERA
- KYOCERA ARMS CUSTOMERS IN THE CYBERSECURITY FIGHT
- KYOCERA Introduces “Magic Drill DRV” for High-Speed, High-Efficiency Hole Drilling at Reduced Cost
- KYOCERA Has Acquired 100% Ownership of SENCO, a U.S.-based Manufacturer of Fastening Tools and Fasteners
- Green Curtains Combat Summer Heat
- KYOCERA Develops Industry’s First 3-Kilowatt Solid-Oxide Fuel Cell for Institutional Cogeneration