Kyocera celebrates Green IT Magazine Awards win
Fs-C5250DN wins hardware product of the year at prestigious awards ceremony
25 May 2011
Kyocera Mita UK Ltd enjoyed a successful evening at the Green IT magazine awards on Thursday 19th May where Catalina McGregor, Green ICT liaison officer at the United Nations, presented the company with the Hardware Product of the Year for the FS-C5250DN colour printer. Kyocera also received a highly commended accolade in the Green IT Project of the Year category for its managed document service project with RSA, as well as being runner-up in the Manufacturer of the Year category.
Commenting on the win Kyocera’s Director of Brand and Reputation Tracey Rawling Church said: “We are delighted that the readers of Green IT magazine have recognised the environmental strengths of the FS-C5250DN. We strive to continuously improve the environmental performance of our products so that they complement our customers’ sustainability strategies. We are honoured that Kyocera Mita was also recognised in two further categories, which we feel demonstrates the breadth of our environmental commitment.”
Hardware product of the Year
The FS-C5250DN was launched in February 2011 with environmental performance a key focus area during the printer’s development. Power consumption is been significantly reduced in comparison with the preceding model, leading to an attractively low TEC rating. The FS-C5250DN utilises positively charged rollers which prevent ozone generation in operation, while noise generation has been significantly reduced thanks to enhancements to the drum engine and paper transportation system.
These enhancements to the environmental performance of Kyocera printers build on the ECOSYS design principle on which the company has based the development of its products since 1992. “ECOSYS” stands for ecology, economy and system and recognises the environmental and financial benefits of ensuring that technology has low waste, long life and low cost of ownership.
Highly Commended: Green IT Project of the Year
Kyocera’s project to deliver a cost-effective, productivity-enhancing and environmentally responsible managed document service for leading global insurance company RSA was highly commended by the Green IT awards judging panel. The project has delivered a reduction in print volumes of 14.9% in the first year, equating to 15 million fewer prints, in addition to significant reductions in energy consumption and waste.
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- KYOCERA Files Suit Against Preh GmbH for Potential Infringement of Haptic Feedback Technology Patent
- KYOCERA to Build New Plant in Kagoshima, Japan, for Ceramic Microelectronic Packages
- KYOCERA’s New Air-Cooled UV Curing Light is World’s Smallest, Lightest and Most Powerful
- KYOCERA TCL Solar begins operation of Japan’s largest 13.7MW Floating Solar Power Plant
- KYOCERA Introduces New Z-series Clock Oscillators
- Innovative, beautiful, durable: KYOCERA presents high-quality kitchen tools demonstrating the advantages of its ceramic technology
- KYOCERA TCL Solar Completes 21.1 MW Solar Power Plant on Repurposed Land in Japan
- KYOCERA and 7 Other Companies Announce Progress of Development Plan for Max. 480-Megawatt Solar Power Project
- KYOCERA Introduces Irish Claddagh Ring Designed by Paul Costelloe, Using Hypoallergenic COBARION
- KYOCERA Receives Japan Environment Minister’s Award for Record 8th Consecutive Year
- KYOCERA Develops Some of World’s Smallest Multilayer Ceramic Capacitors for Mobile Devices
- KYOCERA WINS GOOD DESIGN AWARD FOR NEW MFPs
- KYOCERA RECEIVES “HIGHLY RECOMMENDED” RATING FROM BLI FOR THIRTEEN PRODUCTS
- KYOCERA to Expand Medical Product Development
- KYOCERA Breaks Ground on New Manufacturing Plant for Ceramic Structural Components in Kagoshima, Japan