Kyocera celebrates Green IT Magazine Awards win
Fs-C5250DN wins hardware product of the year at prestigious awards ceremony
25 May 2011
Kyocera Mita UK Ltd enjoyed a successful evening at the Green IT magazine awards on Thursday 19th May where Catalina McGregor, Green ICT liaison officer at the United Nations, presented the company with the Hardware Product of the Year for the FS-C5250DN colour printer. Kyocera also received a highly commended accolade in the Green IT Project of the Year category for its managed document service project with RSA, as well as being runner-up in the Manufacturer of the Year category.
Commenting on the win Kyocera’s Director of Brand and Reputation Tracey Rawling Church said: “We are delighted that the readers of Green IT magazine have recognised the environmental strengths of the FS-C5250DN. We strive to continuously improve the environmental performance of our products so that they complement our customers’ sustainability strategies. We are honoured that Kyocera Mita was also recognised in two further categories, which we feel demonstrates the breadth of our environmental commitment.”
Hardware product of the Year
The FS-C5250DN was launched in February 2011 with environmental performance a key focus area during the printer’s development. Power consumption is been significantly reduced in comparison with the preceding model, leading to an attractively low TEC rating. The FS-C5250DN utilises positively charged rollers which prevent ozone generation in operation, while noise generation has been significantly reduced thanks to enhancements to the drum engine and paper transportation system.
These enhancements to the environmental performance of Kyocera printers build on the ECOSYS design principle on which the company has based the development of its products since 1992. “ECOSYS” stands for ecology, economy and system and recognises the environmental and financial benefits of ensuring that technology has low waste, long life and low cost of ownership.
Highly Commended: Green IT Project of the Year
Kyocera’s project to deliver a cost-effective, productivity-enhancing and environmentally responsible managed document service for leading global insurance company RSA was highly commended by the Green IT awards judging panel. The project has delivered a reduction in print volumes of 14.9% in the first year, equating to 15 million fewer prints, in addition to significant reductions in energy consumption and waste.
- Kyocera Unimerco offers individual solutions for cutting tool production
- KYOCERA TCL Solar Inaugurates Floating Mega Solar Power Plants in Hyogo Prefecture, Japan
- KYOCERA Unimerco to Acquire Lithuanian Woodworking Tool Manufacturer, Making it a Wholly Owned Subsidiary
- KYOCERA Starts R&D on World’s First High-Accuracy Bovine Estrus Sensor
- KYOCERA Develops New Cermet Grades for Cutting Tools Industry
- KYOCERA introduces small-format LCDs with increased temperature range for industrial applications
- Kyocera, Energetik and Solare Datensysteme to Launch Energy Storage Solution in Germany
- KYOCERA Named a 2014 Top Global Innovator by Thomson Reuters
- KYOCERA announces strategic partnership with 3D Systems in the UK & Ireland
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS WINS THE WORLDSTAR AWARD FROM THE WORLD PACKAGING ORGANISATION
- KYOCERA to Exhibit Ultra-Ruggedized “TORQUE” Smartphone for the First Time in Europe at MWC 2015
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS UK LTD - SALES TEAM APPOINTMENTS
- Kyocera opens new inkjet test lab in Esslingen
- KYOCERA LAUNCHES CLOUD APP POWERED BY HYPAS – KYOCERA CLOUD PRINT
- Test Facilities at KYOCERA Document Solutions’ R&D Centre Receive International Standard ISO/IEC 17025 Accreditation for Chemical Emissions
Manager Corporate Communications