Kyocera celebrates Green IT Magazine Awards win
Fs-C5250DN wins hardware product of the year at prestigious awards ceremony
25 May 2011
Kyocera Mita UK Ltd enjoyed a successful evening at the Green IT magazine awards on Thursday 19th May where Catalina McGregor, Green ICT liaison officer at the United Nations, presented the company with the Hardware Product of the Year for the FS-C5250DN colour printer. Kyocera also received a highly commended accolade in the Green IT Project of the Year category for its managed document service project with RSA, as well as being runner-up in the Manufacturer of the Year category.
Commenting on the win Kyocera’s Director of Brand and Reputation Tracey Rawling Church said: “We are delighted that the readers of Green IT magazine have recognised the environmental strengths of the FS-C5250DN. We strive to continuously improve the environmental performance of our products so that they complement our customers’ sustainability strategies. We are honoured that Kyocera Mita was also recognised in two further categories, which we feel demonstrates the breadth of our environmental commitment.”
Hardware product of the Year
The FS-C5250DN was launched in February 2011 with environmental performance a key focus area during the printer’s development. Power consumption is been significantly reduced in comparison with the preceding model, leading to an attractively low TEC rating. The FS-C5250DN utilises positively charged rollers which prevent ozone generation in operation, while noise generation has been significantly reduced thanks to enhancements to the drum engine and paper transportation system.
These enhancements to the environmental performance of Kyocera printers build on the ECOSYS design principle on which the company has based the development of its products since 1992. “ECOSYS” stands for ecology, economy and system and recognises the environmental and financial benefits of ensuring that technology has low waste, long life and low cost of ownership.
Highly Commended: Green IT Project of the Year
Kyocera’s project to deliver a cost-effective, productivity-enhancing and environmentally responsible managed document service for leading global insurance company RSA was highly commended by the Green IT awards judging panel. The project has delivered a reduction in print volumes of 14.9% in the first year, equating to 15 million fewer prints, in addition to significant reductions in energy consumption and waste.
- KYOCERA introduces TFT-LCDs with Projected Capacitive Touchscreens for Industrial Applications
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS INC. POSITIONED IN VISIONARIES' QUADRANT IN 2015 GARTNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR MANAGED PRINT AND CONTENT SERVICES
- KYOCERA UNVEILS KYOCERA NET MANAGER; A SOLUTION THAT AUTOMATES PROCESSES TO IMPROVE BUSINESS PRODUCTIVITY
- KYOCERA REVOLUTIONISES A4 PRINTING
- KYOCERA TCL Solar Begins Construction on 13.7MW Floating Solar Power Plant
- Kyocera will present its new Fuji and Kizuna knife series at Ambiente 2016
- KYOCERA Expands Number of Solar Recharging Stations in Japan as Electric Vehicle Use Grows
- KYOCERA Receives Environment Minister’s Award in Japan for Record 6th Consecutive Year
- KYOCERA AWARDED PLACE ON G-CLOUD 7 FRAMEWORK
- KYOCERA ANNOUNCES GOOGLE CLOUD PRINTING
- KYOCERA TCL Solar Completes 8.5MW Solar Power Plant on Reclaimed Island on Japan’s Largest Lake
- KYOCERA Launches Highly Robust Printhead for Digital Textile Printing
- KYOCERA Develops World’s First Platinum-Free Soot-Sensing Element for Diesel Engines
- KYOCERA launches new UK & Ireland partner programme
- KYOCERA Announces New Mobile Device-based Support Service in Japan for Healthy Lifestyle Modification*
Manager Corporate Communications