KYOCERA ARMS CUSTOMERS IN THE CYBERSECURITY FIGHT
29 August 2017
London, UK, 29th August 2017 – KYOCERA Document Solutions, one of the world’s leading document solutions companies, has announced the launch of KYOCERA SecureAudit, a solution that allows users to quickly and easily identify potential security weaknesses within their printer.
Thought to be a world first, KYOCERA SecureAudit is designed to help organisations better manage the risks posed by complex cyber threats to corporate networks and adapt to strict data protection safeguards required by the forthcoming introduction of GDPR next May. Developed in the UK by KYOCERA’s product development team, it provides a simple method for users to scan their KYOCERA multi-function printer (MFP) for any potential vulnerabilities, such as devices set with default admin passwords and open ports, flagging any weak spots.
Eddie Ginja, head of innovation at KYOCERA said: “Just like other IoT devices, our devices are now connected to the Internet as well as corporate networks creating a massively expanded threat surface. Without adequate protection, cyber-attacks can easily gain access to unencrypted and other (personal) data available across entire IT networks. It’s like leaving your back door wide open to burglars.”
KYOCERA SecureAudit will be offered within KYOCERA’s suite of application software, powered by HyPAS. Developed around real business needs and challenges, there are now a number of off-the-shelf or custom-built HyPAS apps, many of which are available free of charge or on a trial basis to customers.
“Now is a great time to address print security. The extensive potential fines, of either 4% of your turnover or €20m, imposed by the impending GDPR are a huge incentive for you to sort out your security now” said Ginja. “Data and printing go hand in hand and so it only stands to reason that a regulation which will transform the way organisations think about personal data should also transform the way that they think about print. By adding SecureAudit to our existing security measures, KYOCERA is providing businesses with greater peace of mind that they are doing everything they can to ensure data security.”
KYOCERA offer various print, scan and copying security apps helping print and document management to be cyber secure. Biometric identification and user authentication such as Net Manager, which only releases print jobs once a user has identified themselves at an MFP, data encryption, data overwriting processes and automatic deletion processes are examples of the measures available to certify security.
About KYOCERA Document Solutions
KYOCERA Document Solutions is one of the world's leading office document solutions companies. Its product range includes ECOSYS printers, reliable TASKalfa and Smart MFP multifunctional devices and is complemented by supplies, software and services. KYOCERA Document Solutions provides innovative products, built on a foundation of long-life components, allowing it to offer low total cost of ownership and high efficiency in any workplace. For more information go to: https://www.kyoceradocumentsolutions.co.uk/
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- For the thirty-third time in its history, the Inamori Foundation has conferred the Kyoto Prize to researchers who have contributed to the fields of “Advanced Technology”, “Basic Science” and “Arts and Philosophy”
- KYOCERA Begins Research in AI-based Image Recognition to Help Diagnose Skin Diseases and Cancers via Smartphone
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS CELEBRATES 25 YEARS OF ECOSYS
- KYOCERA enhances its AI-based Online Image Classifying Service “Labellio” with Higher Capacity for Big Data
- KYOCERA’s Kyoto Opal Sparkles in New Glitters by Nail Labo
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS WINS TECHNICAL PACKAGING AWARD IN JAPAN
- KYOCERA Technology Used to Create one of the World’s Smallest Crystal Units Awarded Prestigious Research Prize in Japan
- Solar Technical Service Center from KYOCERA gets DEKRA certification
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS EUROPE APPOINTS NEW GLOBAL ACCOUNTS SENIOR MANAGER
- Spice up the table with the latest salt and pepper mills from KYOCERA
- KYOCERA ARMS CUSTOMERS IN THE CYBERSECURITY FIGHT
- KYOCERA Introduces “Magic Drill DRV” for High-Speed, High-Efficiency Hole Drilling at Reduced Cost
- KYOCERA Has Acquired 100% Ownership of SENCO, a U.S.-based Manufacturer of Fastening Tools and Fasteners
- Green Curtains Combat Summer Heat
- KYOCERA Develops Industry’s First 3-Kilowatt Solid-Oxide Fuel Cell for Institutional Cogeneration