KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS WINS TECHNICAL PACKAGING AWARD IN JAPAN
03 October 2017
Hoofddorp, The Netherlands – 2 October 2017: KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc. is pleased to announce that a new packaging material for protecting the paper feeder of its printers has won the Technical Packaging Award in the Japan Packaging Contest 2017.
This contest is held every year under the sponsorship of the Japan Packaging lnstitute with the aim of promoting development and spread of high-quality packages and packaging techniques throughout the country. This is the twelfth award overall for Kyocera.
Kyocera received the award for “reduction of packaging size using high-performance moulded pulp”. This is a material developed for the protection of products with external protrusions. Sections of the moulded pulp can be folded for protection so that no extra packaging parts are required, resulting in a reduction of overall packaging size. Furthermore, production times and storage requirements are reduced due to the common design of the left and right moulded pulps.
All packaging materials used in the shipment of products developed by Kyocera are internally developed and designed, receiving a high reputation at home and abroad for its excellent technology. Kyocera will further continue its efforts to reduce packaging materials and to be environmentally friendly.
About KYOCERA Document Solutions
KYOCERA Document Solutions, headquartered in Osaka, Japan, is a leading manufacturer of document imaging solutions and document management systems, including colour and monochrome multifunctional products as well as printers and wide format devices. Kyocera’s products are renowned for their unique long-life imaging components that provide greater reliability and less waste - resulting in a lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) over the life of the product. The KYOCERA Document Solutions portfolio does not stop at hardware. A full suite of business applications and consultative services allow customers to optimise and manage their document workflow, unleashing the full potential of their hardware investment.
KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc. is a core company of KYOCERA Corporation, the world's leading developer and manufacturer of advanced ceramics and associated products, including telecommunications equipment, semiconductor packages and electronic components. During the year ended March 31 2017, KYOCERA Corporation's net sales totalled 1.42 trillion yen (approx. EUR 11.9 billion). For more information and press-ready photos, visit https://www.kyoceradocumentsolutions.eu/.
About Gartner Synposium/ITxpo 2017
Gartner Symposium/ITxpo 2017 is where the world's top CIOs and senior IT executives immerse themselves in the emerging trends shaping IT and business. Through an unparalleled confluence of Gartner analysts, industry experts, peers and solution providers, attendees will uncover new ways to approach critical challenges, make decisions with confidence and become an even more effective leader.
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- KYOCERA’s Kyoto Opal Sparkles in New Glitters by Nail Labo
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS WINS TECHNICAL PACKAGING AWARD IN JAPAN
- KYOCERA Technology Used to Create one of the World’s Smallest Crystal Units Awarded Prestigious Research Prize in Japan
- Solar Technical Service Center from KYOCERA gets DEKRA certification
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS EUROPE APPOINTS NEW GLOBAL ACCOUNTS SENIOR MANAGER
- Spice up the table with the latest salt and pepper mills from KYOCERA
- KYOCERA ARMS CUSTOMERS IN THE CYBERSECURITY FIGHT
- KYOCERA Introduces “Magic Drill DRV” for High-Speed, High-Efficiency Hole Drilling at Reduced Cost
- KYOCERA Has Acquired 100% Ownership of SENCO, a U.S.-based Manufacturer of Fastening Tools and Fasteners
- Green Curtains Combat Summer Heat
- KYOCERA Develops Industry’s First 3-Kilowatt Solid-Oxide Fuel Cell for Institutional Cogeneration
- SIX KYOCERA PRODUCTS AWARDED “2017 SUMMER PICK” FROM BUYERS LAB
- FIFE COLLEGE WINS KYOCERA SCHOOLS CODING COMPETITION
- KYOCERA OPTIMISES SERVICE MANAGEMENT PROCESSES WITH IFS
- KYOCERA Launches New Electronic Connectors that Feature One-Touch Locking for Automated Assembly Processes