KYOCERA Supplies Solar Modules for England’s First "Zero Carbon Church"
Sustainable energy projects extend to renovation of historical buildings
08 March 2012
Kyoto / Neuss − Kyocera Corporation announced that the company has supplied its solar modules for a flagship project for renovating old buildings using solar energy at the roughly 900-year-old St. Michael and All Angels Church in Withington, England. The country's first "zero carbon church" has a solar power generating system using Kyocera modules which supplies CO2-neutral electricity; as well as a biomass-powered boiler system providing environmentally friendly heat.
The 12th century building is now powered entirely by renewable energies. The solar energy is generated with 24 Kyocera solar modules — with a total output of 3.12kW — which are installed on the roof of the church. With over 35 years of experience in the industry Kyocera’s solar technology guarantees exceptional module performance and durability. Moreover, the modules were carefully installed to meet strict regulations concerning historical buildings by using a special ladder system that did not adversely affect the structure of the building or its visual appearance.
The renovation of the church followed both an ecologically and economically sustainable concept. In addition to the solar installation, an environmentally friendly biomass-powered boiler system was installed — which provides CO2-neutral heat. The renovation of the church has double value for the community, because in addition to the CO2-reduction, the electricity and heat generation create clear cost savings. The pioneering project will serve as a reference project for the sustainable renovation of other historical buildings.
Kyocera will be exhibiting at Ecobuild 2012 at stand N3550 from 20 to 22 March.
For more information about Kyocera Solar Energy: http://global.kyocera.com/reliability/
- KYOCERA introduces TFT-LCDs with Projected Capacitive Touchscreens for Industrial Applications
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS INC. POSITIONED IN VISIONARIES' QUADRANT IN 2015 GARTNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR MANAGED PRINT AND CONTENT SERVICES
- KYOCERA UNVEILS KYOCERA NET MANAGER; A SOLUTION THAT AUTOMATES PROCESSES TO IMPROVE BUSINESS PRODUCTIVITY
- KYOCERA REVOLUTIONISES A4 PRINTING
- KYOCERA TCL Solar Begins Construction on 13.7MW Floating Solar Power Plant
- Kyocera will present its new Fuji and Kizuna knife series at Ambiente 2016
- KYOCERA Expands Number of Solar Recharging Stations in Japan as Electric Vehicle Use Grows
- KYOCERA Receives Environment Minister’s Award in Japan for Record 6th Consecutive Year
- KYOCERA AWARDED PLACE ON G-CLOUD 7 FRAMEWORK
- KYOCERA ANNOUNCES GOOGLE CLOUD PRINTING
- KYOCERA TCL Solar Completes 8.5MW Solar Power Plant on Reclaimed Island on Japan’s Largest Lake
- KYOCERA Launches Highly Robust Printhead for Digital Textile Printing
- KYOCERA Develops World’s First Platinum-Free Soot-Sensing Element for Diesel Engines
- KYOCERA launches new UK & Ireland partner programme
- KYOCERA Announces New Mobile Device-based Support Service in Japan for Healthy Lifestyle Modification*
Manager Corporate Communications