KYOCERA Develops World's Fastest 300dpi Inkjet Printhead
Simultaneous Two-Color Printing with One Printhead
09 August 2012
Kyoto/Neuss – Kyocera Corporation announced that it has developed a new 300 dots-per-inch (dpi) inkjet printhead — a key component for commercial inkjet printers — which enables simultaneous two-color printing with just one printhead. With resolution of 300dpi, it offers the world’s fastest printing speed¹ of 152m/min. Samples of the new product will be available within the year.
The new product achieves simultaneous two-color printing with just one printhead. This not only effectively halves the number of printheads required in the printer, but also reduces the number of parts required for wiring, contributing to equipment downsizing. In addition, it has achieved an effective print width of 112mm, the world’s widest2 for this type of printhead. Reducing the number of printheads used, even when wide-width printing is required, contributes to simpler equipment design and easier assembly.
The 300dpi model’s nozzle configuration prevents the mixing of inks at the point of contact with the printed material — a potential problem when printing two colors simultaneously from the same printhead — ensuring that the new two-color printhead delivers quality printed images. Furthermore, the printhead has achieved the world’s fastest print speed of 152m/min for a 300dpi printhead with simultaneous two-color printing, contributing to increased productivity through high-speed printing.
To date, Kyocera has mass-produced 600dpi3 and developed 1200dpi4 inkjet printheads that achieve the world’s fastest high-resolution print speed. By launching a new 300dpi printhead with the world's fastest speed and simultaneous two-color printing feature, Kyocera is responding to the needs of a wide variety of customers, including high-speed, high-resolution printing, equipment downsizing, cost reduction and reducing environmental burden to expand the possibilities of the digital printing industry.
(1) The world’s fastest speed for a two-color simultaneous single-pass inkjet printhead at a print resolution of 300dpi (based on research by Kyocera; as of July 1, 2012).
(2) Among piezo electric inkjet printheads with 300dpi or higher (based on research by Kyocera; as of July 1, 2012).
(3) The world’s fastest print speed for single-pass inkjet printheads with a printing resolution of 600dpi x 600dpi, a printing width of 4.25 inches and one head in feed direction (based on research by Kyocera; as of July 1, 2012).
(4) The world’s fastest print speed for single-pass inkjet printheads with a printing resolution of 1200dpi x 1200dpi, a printing width of 108 inches and one head in feed direction (based on research by Kyocera; as of July 1, 2012).
- Kyocera introduces new touch feeling technology for real button feeling
- KYOCERA Solar Lights Up Arco Metropolitano, Brazil’s Largest Solar-Powered Highway
- Optimise your photovoltaic system’s efficiency all year round
- New KYOCERA multifunction devices secure Blue Angel Standard
- KYOCERA introduces New Wide Screen TFT-LCD for Industry Applications
- KYOCERA’s Recrystallized Blue Sapphire Sparkles in New CASIO OCEANUS Watch Design
- KYOCERA launches new industrial cutting tool: MFH mini is a small-diameter, high-feed endmill
- Abandoned Golf Course in Kyoto Prefecture, Japan to be Repurposed with 23-Megawatt Solar Power Plant from KYOCERA TCL Solar LLC
- Kyoto Prize 2015: Inamori Foundation announces this year’s laureates
- Kyocera grows ‘Green Curtains’ to reduce energy consumption and CO2 emissions
- Kyocera TCL Solar Completes Construction of Third Floating Solar Power Plant in Hyogo Prefecture, Japan
- KYOCERA ENHANCES 3D PRINTING PORTFOLIO, WITH THE AVAILABILITY OF THE PROJET 4500 PROFESSIONAL 3D PRINTER
- KYOCERA releases next-generation XGA LCD modules
- Kyocera, Gaia Power, Kyudenko and Century Tokyo Leasing Announce Construction of 92MW Solar Power Plant in Japan
- Kyocera Unimerco offers individual solutions for cutting tool production
Manager Corporate Communications