KYOCERA Develops World's Fastest 300dpi Inkjet Printhead
Simultaneous Two-Color Printing with One Printhead
09 August 2012
Kyoto/Neuss – Kyocera Corporation announced that it has developed a new 300 dots-per-inch (dpi) inkjet printhead — a key component for commercial inkjet printers — which enables simultaneous two-color printing with just one printhead. With resolution of 300dpi, it offers the world’s fastest printing speed¹ of 152m/min. Samples of the new product will be available within the year.
The new product achieves simultaneous two-color printing with just one printhead. This not only effectively halves the number of printheads required in the printer, but also reduces the number of parts required for wiring, contributing to equipment downsizing. In addition, it has achieved an effective print width of 112mm, the world’s widest2 for this type of printhead. Reducing the number of printheads used, even when wide-width printing is required, contributes to simpler equipment design and easier assembly.
The 300dpi model’s nozzle configuration prevents the mixing of inks at the point of contact with the printed material — a potential problem when printing two colors simultaneously from the same printhead — ensuring that the new two-color printhead delivers quality printed images. Furthermore, the printhead has achieved the world’s fastest print speed of 152m/min for a 300dpi printhead with simultaneous two-color printing, contributing to increased productivity through high-speed printing.
To date, Kyocera has mass-produced 600dpi3 and developed 1200dpi4 inkjet printheads that achieve the world’s fastest high-resolution print speed. By launching a new 300dpi printhead with the world's fastest speed and simultaneous two-color printing feature, Kyocera is responding to the needs of a wide variety of customers, including high-speed, high-resolution printing, equipment downsizing, cost reduction and reducing environmental burden to expand the possibilities of the digital printing industry.
(1) The world’s fastest speed for a two-color simultaneous single-pass inkjet printhead at a print resolution of 300dpi (based on research by Kyocera; as of July 1, 2012).
(2) Among piezo electric inkjet printheads with 300dpi or higher (based on research by Kyocera; as of July 1, 2012).
(3) The world’s fastest print speed for single-pass inkjet printheads with a printing resolution of 600dpi x 600dpi, a printing width of 4.25 inches and one head in feed direction (based on research by Kyocera; as of July 1, 2012).
(4) The world’s fastest print speed for single-pass inkjet printheads with a printing resolution of 1200dpi x 1200dpi, a printing width of 108 inches and one head in feed direction (based on research by Kyocera; as of July 1, 2012).
- KYOCERA introduces TFT-LCDs with Projected Capacitive Touchscreens for Industrial Applications
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS INC. POSITIONED IN VISIONARIES' QUADRANT IN 2015 GARTNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR MANAGED PRINT AND CONTENT SERVICES
- KYOCERA UNVEILS KYOCERA NET MANAGER; A SOLUTION THAT AUTOMATES PROCESSES TO IMPROVE BUSINESS PRODUCTIVITY
- KYOCERA REVOLUTIONISES A4 PRINTING
- KYOCERA TCL Solar Begins Construction on 13.7MW Floating Solar Power Plant
- Kyocera will present its new Fuji and Kizuna knife series at Ambiente 2016
- KYOCERA Expands Number of Solar Recharging Stations in Japan as Electric Vehicle Use Grows
- KYOCERA Receives Environment Minister’s Award in Japan for Record 6th Consecutive Year
- KYOCERA AWARDED PLACE ON G-CLOUD 7 FRAMEWORK
- KYOCERA ANNOUNCES GOOGLE CLOUD PRINTING
- KYOCERA TCL Solar Completes 8.5MW Solar Power Plant on Reclaimed Island on Japan’s Largest Lake
- KYOCERA Launches Highly Robust Printhead for Digital Textile Printing
- KYOCERA Develops World’s First Platinum-Free Soot-Sensing Element for Diesel Engines
- KYOCERA launches new UK & Ireland partner programme
- KYOCERA Announces New Mobile Device-based Support Service in Japan for Healthy Lifestyle Modification*
Manager Corporate Communications