KYOCERA Develops World's Fastest 300dpi Inkjet Printhead
Simultaneous Two-Color Printing with One Printhead
09 August 2012
Kyoto/Neuss – Kyocera Corporation announced that it has developed a new 300 dots-per-inch (dpi) inkjet printhead — a key component for commercial inkjet printers — which enables simultaneous two-color printing with just one printhead. With resolution of 300dpi, it offers the world’s fastest printing speed¹ of 152m/min. Samples of the new product will be available within the year.
The new product achieves simultaneous two-color printing with just one printhead. This not only effectively halves the number of printheads required in the printer, but also reduces the number of parts required for wiring, contributing to equipment downsizing. In addition, it has achieved an effective print width of 112mm, the world’s widest2 for this type of printhead. Reducing the number of printheads used, even when wide-width printing is required, contributes to simpler equipment design and easier assembly.
The 300dpi model’s nozzle configuration prevents the mixing of inks at the point of contact with the printed material — a potential problem when printing two colors simultaneously from the same printhead — ensuring that the new two-color printhead delivers quality printed images. Furthermore, the printhead has achieved the world’s fastest print speed of 152m/min for a 300dpi printhead with simultaneous two-color printing, contributing to increased productivity through high-speed printing.
To date, Kyocera has mass-produced 600dpi3 and developed 1200dpi4 inkjet printheads that achieve the world’s fastest high-resolution print speed. By launching a new 300dpi printhead with the world's fastest speed and simultaneous two-color printing feature, Kyocera is responding to the needs of a wide variety of customers, including high-speed, high-resolution printing, equipment downsizing, cost reduction and reducing environmental burden to expand the possibilities of the digital printing industry.
(1) The world’s fastest speed for a two-color simultaneous single-pass inkjet printhead at a print resolution of 300dpi (based on research by Kyocera; as of July 1, 2012).
(2) Among piezo electric inkjet printheads with 300dpi or higher (based on research by Kyocera; as of July 1, 2012).
(3) The world’s fastest print speed for single-pass inkjet printheads with a printing resolution of 600dpi x 600dpi, a printing width of 4.25 inches and one head in feed direction (based on research by Kyocera; as of July 1, 2012).
(4) The world’s fastest print speed for single-pass inkjet printheads with a printing resolution of 1200dpi x 1200dpi, a printing width of 108 inches and one head in feed direction (based on research by Kyocera; as of July 1, 2012).
- KYOCERA TCL Solar Inaugurates Floating Mega Solar Power Plants in Hyogo Prefecture, Japan
- KYOCERA Unimerco to Acquire Lithuanian Woodworking Tool Manufacturer, Making it a Wholly Owned Subsidiary
- KYOCERA Starts R&D on World’s First High-Accuracy Bovine Estrus Sensor
- KYOCERA Develops New Cermet Grades for Cutting Tools Industry
- KYOCERA introduces small-format LCDs with increased temperature range for industrial applications
- Kyocera, Energetik and Solare Datensysteme to Launch Energy Storage Solution in Germany
- KYOCERA Named a 2014 Top Global Innovator by Thomson Reuters
- KYOCERA announces strategic partnership with 3D Systems in the UK & Ireland
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS WINS THE WORLDSTAR AWARD FROM THE WORLD PACKAGING ORGANISATION
- KYOCERA to Exhibit Ultra-Ruggedized “TORQUE” Smartphone for the First Time in Europe at MWC 2015
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS UK LTD - SALES TEAM APPOINTMENTS
- Kyocera opens new inkjet test lab in Esslingen
- KYOCERA LAUNCHES CLOUD APP POWERED BY HYPAS – KYOCERA CLOUD PRINT
- Test Facilities at KYOCERA Document Solutions’ R&D Centre Receive International Standard ISO/IEC 17025 Accreditation for Chemical Emissions
- KYOCERA LAUNCHES ITS LATEST CLOUD APP POWERED BY HYPAS – CLOUD DIRECT
Manager Corporate Communications